DISCOVER A COASTAL HERITAGE TREASURE
1. As the tour departs the Visitor Centre, we’ll travel past Greenhouse Park and enter the Port area. Here, you’ll take in sweeping views of the Illawarra Coastline and out to Five Islands, and perhaps spot a bulk carrier (or two).
2. As we continue through the Inner Harbour precinct, we’ll see the port’s key infrastructures being Port Kembla Coal Terminal (Second largest export coal terminal in NSW) , the Grain Terminals, the state’s largest motor vehicle import hub and cruise ship berth.
3. Next, as we head towards to Outer Harbour and surrounds we’ll drive around the perimeter of the Port Kembla Steelworks, complete with its soaring buildings, labyrinth of internal operating road and rail lines, immense blast furnaces, coke ovens and plumes of water vapor!
4. As we continue down Christie Drive to Portside Park we’ll get a prime view of the Raw Materials, Car Import, Coal and Grain Terminals located in the Inner Harbour.
5. Next up is a visit to a fascinating historical area: the Heritage Park precinct. Overlooking the port of Port Kembla, this area incorporates local Maritime, Military and Aboriginal history.
6. Time to end on a beautiful high. Rich in WW2 history, Hill 60 is just the spot to take in panoramic views of Illawarra’s stunning coastline, escarpment and Lake Illawarra.
The Inner/Outer Harbour area is an operational port and tours may be altered to meet process, production or safety requirements
Public Port Tour Prices:
Child (Under 18yrs): $10
Available for Group Bookings (Monday – Saturday)
By appointment only – Contact us for group Port Tour prices
* Port Tours can be customised to suit the needs for the group