This Tour is a 2.5 – 3 hour walking tour of the Blue Mile – starting at Flagstaff Hill and concluding at the Old Courthouse – with a 30-minute refreshment break.
The Tour takes in some of the many historical sites along the Blue Mile including Wollongong Harbour, the Forts (Flagstaff Hill and Smiths Hill), the Old Courthouse, the Tramway, the Pools and Northbeach.
Along the way our experienced Guides relay the stories of the Foreshore – including its Indigenous history, sea bathing, coal, salt making, trading, the start of industry in Wollongong and how we defended ourselves.
Children (5-12 years): $10
Family (2 x Adults & 2 x Children): $55
* Children under 5yrs free of charge
Important Tour Information:
* Ages: All ages welcome
* Tour Activity Level: Moderate (Walking tour – 95% on even walkways).
* Tour Duration: 3hrs (with a 30 min half-way point break)
* Tour Accessibility: 95% is on surfaces appropriate to wheelchairs/walkers
Public Blue Mile History Tours:
Scheduled for every 3rd Saturday of the month (9:30am – 12:30pm)
* Excluding Public Holidays
* Some additional tours are scheduled during school holidays and special events
Meeting Point – Under the Flagstaff Head Lighthouse at 9:15am sharp
Book now for 2022
Group Blue Mile History Tours:
(Education Sector, Corporate, Service/Community Clubs & Special Interest Groups)
Bookings available (Mon – Sat)
By appointment – * Please email or call for booking inquiries